In this week’s episode we discuss what the central nervous system (CNS) does, how lifting affects it, and how you can periodize your training to maximize neural adaptions. Get ready for another research-packed episode. Enjoy!
- Find us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/empoweredbyiron
- We’ve got shirts!! https://thestrengthacademypodcast.com/shop/clothing/shirts/strongaf-apparel/
- Eat for Strength and Eat for Strength – Cut courses are now LIVE: https://thestrengthacademypodcast.com/shop/courses/eat-for-strength/
- Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- Join our women’s only Facebook Group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/femalestrengthacademy
- Check out our sponsors:
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes. Coached by our own Dr. Kristin Lander.
- Bama Brick Squad – Stacy offers various coaching services and packages: all geared towards helping you reach your goals. She works with athletes of all shapes and sizes. Support BBS and check out their merch!
- 1:00 – Hold up…what is a peer reviewed article anyway?
- 9:00 – What is the CNS?
- 11:00 – CNS and lifting
- 23:52 – Central Fatigue
- 29:00 – Serotonin and Dopamine
- 40:10 – Neuro-hormonal implications of CNS fatigue