Welcome to Experts of Iron! Our first episode features Lauren Polivka, Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). In this episode Lauren Polivka walks us through her journey to becoming a DPT, common issues or injuries she treats in her powerlifting, weightlifting and CrossFit athletes, and how she has made a name for herself in a male-dominated industry. Get ready for a great conversation with an exceptional leader in the strength world.
Experts of Iron is a new series here on Empowered by Iron. Each month we will sit down with experts in training, nutrition, recovery, and mindset to discuss their research, background, and relevant industry topics.
- Where you can find Lauren:
- Instagram: @lapolivka11
- Lauren’s company (based out of Atlanta, GA) Repair, Perform, Recover:
- Check out Female Strength Academy – The only online resource created by and for female strength athletes.
- Eat for Strength and Eat for Strength – Cut courses are now LIVE!
- Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- Find us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/empoweredbyiron
- Join our women’s only Facebook Group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/femalestrengthacademy
- Check out our sponsors:
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes. Coached by our own Dr. Kristin Lander.
- 1:45 – How she got into physical therapy and RPR
- 12:16 – Bridging the gap
- 15:30 – Common issues and injuries
- 31:33 – How much does ignoring an injury add onto recovery?
- 43:00 – Remote PT?
- 47:00 – Preventative PT
- 55:00 – Making your own path
- Listen to our last episode.