Fatigued? Under recovered? Bad training session after bad training session? Irregular menstrual cycle? Weight gain? You might be suffering from a hormone imbalance. Hormone imbalances are becoming an epidemic amongst female strength athletes, and hardly anyone is talking about it. Today, Kristin walks us through her take on the problem, how to spot it, how to fix it and how taking action can dramatically improve your training.
Find a Functional Medicine practitioner or Naturopathic doctor:
Check out our sponsors:
- Women’s Strength Coalition – Our mission is to build stronger communities through increased access to strength training. We envision a world where everyone has equal opportunity to express their voice and embrace their power.
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes.
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
& Please leave us a review on iTunes/Apple Podcast! 🙂
- 1:05 – Kristin’s story.
- 3:00 – The set-up…a tale of a hormone imbalance
- 8:30 – Is there a link between heavy training and hormone balance (say what)?!?
- 13:20 – What is a hormone
- Progesterone (15:30)
- Estrogen (17:40)
- Testosterone (20:43)
- Cortisol (21:48)
- 23:40 – So what is the root of this problem? This hormone imbalance?
- 35:15 – Adrenal fatigue and the female athlete
- 46:20 – Talking to a medical doctor (what you can do to help diagnose the issue)