Mobility for the Squat – Episode 58
Why can’t I squat to depth? Why do my hips feel so tight? What is a butt-wink and should I be worried? If you’ve ever asked yourself these questions, this episode is for you. Kristin, our resident chiropractor and movement/mobility expert breaks down some general mobility and stability principles for us and then goes in depth on how to hit better positions in our squats.
To see examples of the exercises discussed, join our Facebook Group page: Women in Strength – Athlete Resource.
Check out our sponsors:
- Women’s Strength Coalition – Our mission is to build stronger communities through increased access to strength training. We envision a world where everyone has equal opportunity to express their voice and embrace their power.
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes.
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
& Please leave us a review on iTunes! 🙂
- 2:38- Mobility vs. Stability
- 5:40 – The thing that usually prompts us to up our mobility game…PAIN.
- 9:40 – All about thoracic spine mobility
- Bench arch
- Overhead Squatting
- 16:20 – Fixing your squat (the moment we’ve all been waiting for)
- 23:00 – Eccentric Isometrics (what?!)
- 28:00 – ALL about stretching
- 31:35 – Your mobility plan
- 40:10 – Other limiting factors in the squat (it’s not just the hips, ya’ll)
- 44:20 – Final questions from the FB group page