Protein: How Much Do You Really Need?
Today we do a deep dive into the last decade of sports nutrition research regarding protein intake in strength athletes. Join us as we breakdown how much protein is enough, when and why you need it, protein quality, and how consuming more protein than you need can hinder your performance in training. Hint: It’s not as much as you think.
We would LOVE to hear from you. Suggestions? Feedback? Stories? We want it all. Shoot us an email at EMPOWEREDBYIRON@GMAIL.COM and we might just share your story on our next episode.
If you love Empowered by Iron, take 5 minutes and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. With your help, we can reach more people and spread our message of strength and empowerment.
Check out our sponsor of this episode:
- Fear Her Fight Athletics : “We are an athletic lifestyle brand designed to allow athletes to harness their confidence from winning the platform to fighting the patriarchy. FHF appeals to those that support women’s rights and believe there is room for everyone in the strength world.”
- Womxn’s Strength Summit : “A day for women to collaborate and grow in their fitness endeavors.”
- Where you can find Fear Her Fight:
- Instagram: @fearherfightathletics
- Facebook: Fear Her Fight Athletics
Join our Facebook Group Page: Women in Strength – Athlete Resource
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- 1:45 – What is a protein?
- 6:15 – The optimal protein intake for strength athletes & why you shouldn’t eat more.
- 18:00 – Meal timing…in terms of protein.
- 25:00 – Protein quality and some bantering.