Sleep! We all know we need it, but why? And how does a good night’s rest contribute to our massive strength gains? In today’s episode we break down what sleep is, how sleep affects your brain, sleep and strength gains, and how to get a better night’s rest. Hopefully after listening to this episode, you get to bed early tonight!
- We’ve got shirts!! https://thestrengthacademypodcast.com/shop/clothing/shirts/strongaf-apparel/
- Eat for Strength and Eat for Strength – Cut courses are now LIVE: https://thestrengthacademypodcast.com/shop/courses/eat-for-strength/
- Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- Find us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/empoweredbyiron
- Join our women’s only Facebook Group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/femalestrengthacademy
- Check out our sponsors:
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes. Coached by our own Dr. Kristin Lander.
- Bama Brick Squad – Stacy offers various coaching services and packages: all geared towards helping you reach your goals. She works with athletes of all shapes and sizes. Support BBS and check out their merch!
- 2:00 – What is sleep?
- 6:32 – Two simple states of sleep: REM vs NREM
- 12:52 – Sleep and yo brain (Cerebrospinal fluid)
- 19:35 – Sleep and Learning & Memory
- 23: 55 – Sleep and yo body
- 28:55 – Sleep and being an athlete
- 34:31 – Sleep deprivation and exercise performance
- 36:57 – How to get better sleep